Table of Contents
I wake up at 4 am every day, yes, including weekends. *
I have been doing this for over 6 years.
I needed some ME time. Everyone needs it. Waking up early is how I found that extra time. It didn't happen overnight.
It never was or is easy. Here's what helps me
- Plan Ahead: Have a plan on what you'll do once waking up. This is key. It gives that extra motivation to jump out of bed.
- Jump Out: Don't rationalize waking up when the alarm goes off. Use your plan to motivate you to get up immediately. Just get up.
- Eat Early: I don't know the science behind it, but trust me, it works. I eat around 3-4 hours before my bedtime. It helps improve my sleep quality.
- Fixed Sleep Time: Go to sleep at a fixed time. Even better if you have a bedtime routine. Mine is to brush teeth, drink water, and read Kindle.
- Multiple Alarms: It's easy to hit that snooze button once, twice, three times? Definitely not four. Set multiple alarms. I have around 5 that are 2-3 minutes apart.
- Be Intentional: Don't set recurring alarms. Be intentional about waking up. Set your alarms daily. Think about the plan.
Most of my blogging, vlogging, learning happens at this time. It's been amazing.
What are you planning to do with the newfound time?
_* Ok, let’s be honest almost all days; who doesn’t like to have some cheat days. _
Rahul Nath Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.