NDC Sydney 2017
Last week was a busy one at NDC Sydney and was happy to be back there for the second time.The conference was three days long with 117 speakers, 37 technologies, and 151 talks. Some of the popular speakers were Scott Wlaschin, Scott Allen,Troy Hunt, Damian Edwards, Steve Sanderson and a lot more.
Each talk is one hour long and eight talks happen at the same time. Below are the talks I attended:
- Keynote: Using EEG and Machine Learning to Perform Lie Detection
- A teams transition to Continuous Delivery
- Docker, FROM scratch
- The Technical Debt Prevention Clinic
- How to start and run a software lifestyle business
- Asynchronous Programming From The Ground Up
- Building Docker Applications with .NET - tooling, cross platform support and migration
- Hack Your Career
- Writing high performance code in .NET
- Growing Serverless code with Azure Functions and F#
- “The website’s down!” Stories and lessons on keeping your website up
- Self-Aware Applications: Automatic Production Monitoring
- Domain Modeling Made Functional
- Interactive C# Development with Roslyn
- Building Resilient Applications In Microsoft Azure
- Functional Design Patterns
- Logic vs. side effects: functional goodness you don’t hear about
- How one team built their first microservice
All sessions are recorded and are available here. The Sydney 2017 ones will soon be there. Overall it was a good event but did not match the one last year. Last year there were more of the popular speakers and the talk content was also more interesting. But still, I am glad that NDC Sydney is still happening, and it gives a good exposure and networking possibilities for developers. Thanks to Readify for sponsoring my tickets and it’s one of the good things about working with Readify.
Hope to see you next year as well!