Thanks to Everyone Who Attended My First Public Talk At C#Corner Hyderabad UG
Table of Contents
Thanks to everyone who attended my very first public talk, at the C#Corner Hyderabad Chapter User Group(UG) on February 1, Saturday on Windows Phone Development. Summary of the event is available here. It was a very good experience speaking for the first time in front of a large audience, and from my side felt it went well. Here's some follow up information on the talk and also the code samples and presentations used.
- There might be a lot of you who would be planning to get started with phone development or yet in the dilema of whether or not to - 'Don't think much and just start getting your hands dirty'.
- If your current project/work does not demand you to use whatever we have got started with it, develop a simple application on your free time/weekends. You would get lot of app ideas at DVLUP and may even get rewarded if you crack some of their challenges - Stay motivated.
- Make sure whatever you develop is always properly backed up and stored - Use a source control. Visual Studio Online or Github are great free services that could get you started with.
- Learn more about MVVM.The mvvm toolkit that we were using at the demo is MVVM Light. There are a couple of videos in there that will help you get started with it. Prism is also another alternative that we had talked about. - Reuse across platforms
- As we had discussed, Getting Started in Windows Phone Development means you have acquired the same skills to Get Started on Windows 8 application too - Get started here.
- There are a lot of applications that are waiting to be developed for Windows phone and Windows 8 for which people are even ready to pay you. So if you want to earn out of your side projects, then try looking for projects in freelancing communities - ODesk, Freelancer, Elance are some to get you started - Earn while you Learn
Feel free to get in touch in case you need any help while on your Windows phone journey.
The samples and presentation slides is available in the event summary above or here.
Rahul Nath Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.