Table of Contents
A couple of months back Gautham (my son) started playing Reading Eggs. We started off initially with a free trial after it being recommended by our friend Asha. We got a 21-day extended trial in addition to the initial 21 days free trial (i.e a total of 42 days), which helped a lot with confirming that Gautham was to use this app. We noticed that he was reading small words quite comfortably and he grew an interest to read various things around. We took an annual subscription and feels totally worth it.
Using the five essential keys to reading success, the program unlocks all aspects of learning to read for your child.
- The lessons use colourful animation, fun characters, songs, and rewards to keep children motivated.
- The program is completely interactive to keep children on task.
- When children start the program, they can complete a placement quiz to ensure they are starting at the correct reading level.
- Parents can access detailed progress reports as well as hundreds of full-colour downloadable activity sheets that correspond with the lessons in the program.
- The program includes over 2000 online books for kids – each ending with a comprehension quiz that assesses your child’s understanding.
Each level explores different letters/word combinations and has a knowledge quiz at the end of it to pass to the next level. The program unlocks all aspects of learning to read for your child, focusing on a core curriculum of phonics and phonemic awareness, sight words, vocabulary, comprehension, and reading for meaning.
Do give the app a try if you have kids at home!
Rahul Nath Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.